A brand new base mannequin Hyundai Ioniq 6 has slashed the price of entry to the electrical sedan vary by $8500, making it eligible for varied state EV incentives.
The revised Ioniq 6 vary might be ordered this month, with deliveries commencing within the first quarter of 2024. The vary now opens at $65,500 earlier than on-road prices.
The brand new base trim, merely known as the Ioniq 6, incorporates a 53kWh Normal Vary battery, with a claimed 429km of vary underneath the WLTP cycle.
That’s lower than the 614km provided with the carryover 77.4kWh Prolonged Vary battery, which is elective with this base trim.
The entry-level Ioniq 6 foregoes among the Dynamiq’s niceties, reminiscent of its leather-based upholstery, projector LED headlights, head-up show and Bose sound system, however nonetheless provides the total complement of lively security and driver help gear.
Hyundai has but to launch any photographs of this new trim for the Australian market.
The model has doubled the variety of Ioniq 6 variants in Australia, and now provides the Dynamiq and Epiq trims with a selection of single-motor rear-wheel drive or dual-motor all-wheel drive powertrains.
All Ioniq 6 fashions now come commonplace with a warmth pump and battery pre-conditioning as commonplace.
The warmth pump attracts on waste warmth from different programs to heat the cabin, saving power and thereby extending vary, whereas the battery conditioning system means that you can pre-heat the battery to make sure optimum DC charging efficiency.
The Dynamiq positive aspects 20-inch alloy wheels as commonplace, whereas the Epiq’s digital aspect mirrors are actually a $3000 choice as an alternative of being commonplace fitment. Hyundai says the latter change was primarily based on buyer suggestions, and the Epiq AWD is now $1788 cheaper.
The Car to Load (V2L) outdoors adapter is now an elective accent, however the inside adapter stays commonplace throughout the vary.
- 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Normal Vary RWD: $65,500 (NEW)
- 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Prolonged Vary RWD: $71,500 (NEW)
- 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Dynamiq Prolonged Vary RWD: $77,500 (+$3500)
- 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Epiq Prolonged Vary RWD: $81,000 (NEW)
- 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Dynamiq Prolonged Vary AWD: $82,000 (NEW)
- 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 6 Epiq Prolonged Vary AWD: $85,500 (-$1788)
All costs exclude on-road prices.
For 2024, there’s a selection of three completely different powertrains and two completely different batteries.
The bottom Hyundai Ioniq 6 incorporates a single-motor rear-wheel drive powertrain with 111kW of energy and 350Nm of torque when geared up with the Normal Vary 53kWh battery.
Ioniq 6, Dynamiq and Epiq fashions with rear-wheel drive and the 77.4kWh battery have a extra highly effective 168kW/350Nm electrical motor.
The Dynamiq and Epiq are additionally provided with a dual-motor all-wheel drive powertrain with 239kW and 605Nm.
Vary is as follows:
- Ioniq 6 Normal Vary: 429km
- Ioniq 6 Prolonged Vary (with 18-inch wheels): 614km
- Ioniq 6 Prolonged Vary (with 20-inch wheels): 545km
- Ioniq 6 Prolonged Vary AWD (with 20-inch wheels): 519km
All fashions might be charged at as much as 350kW utilizing a DC charger, and can take 18 minutes to cost from 10 to 80 per cent.
With a 7kW AC charger, the Normal Vary battery can go from 10 to 100 per cent in roughly 8hr 55min, whereas the Prolonged Vary battery will take 11hr 45min.
The Hyundai Ioniq 6 measures 4855mm lengthy, 1880mm huge and 1495mm tall on a 2950mm wheelbase.
The Ioniq 6 has 401L of boot area with underfloor storage, plus a 45L storage cavity underneath the bonnet. The latter shrinks to 14.5L in all-wheel drive fashions.
The Hyundai Ioniq 6 is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre automobile guarantee plus an eight-year, 160,000km high-voltage battery guarantee.
Servicing is required each 24 months or 30,000km, whichever comes first. The primary two providers are capped at $560 respectively for all fashions.
The Hyundai Ioniq 6 has a five-star ANCAP score, primarily based on testing performed in 2022.
It acquired an grownup occupant safety score of 97 per cent, a baby occupant safety score of 88 per cent, a weak highway person safety score of 66 per cent, and a security help score of 90 per cent.
All Ioniq 6 fashions come commonplace with the next security gear:
- Adaptive cruise management with cease/go
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Pedestrian, bicycle owner and automobile detection
- Junction help
- Lane change oncoming and aspect operate
- Evasive steering help
- Direct oncoming operate
- Blind-Spot View Monitor
- Blind-spot help
- Driver consideration warning
- Lane-keep help
- Lane Following Help (lane centring)
- Main automobile departure alert
- Parking Collision-Avoidance Help (ahead, aspect, reverse)
- Protected exit help
- Encompass-view digital camera
- Entrance and rear parking sensors
All fashions additionally characteristic the Bluelink suite of linked automobile providers, which incorporates security, safety and comfort options reminiscent of:
- Computerized collision notification
- Emergency name (SOS) operate
- Valet mode
- Voice management
- Calendar integration
- Distant features
- Over-the-air updates
- Distant surround-view digital camera
The bottom Ioniq 6 comes commonplace with the next gear:
- Warmth pump
- Battery pre-conditioning
- Tyre strain monitoring
- Digital park brake with auto maintain
- Selectable drive modes (Eco, Regular, Sport, Snow)
- One-pedal drive mode
- 18-inch alloy wheels with 225/55 eco tyres
- Tyre mobility package
- Computerized LED headlights
- Acoustic laminated windscreen and aspect door glass
- Photo voltaic management windscreen and entrance door glass
- Heated, power-folding exterior mirrors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Material upholstery
- Leather-based-wrapped steering wheel
- Material knit headliner
- Energy boot-lid
- Energy home windows with auto up/down for all 4 home windows
- 10-way energy driver’s seat with two-way lumbar assist
- 60:40 break up/fold rear seat
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six-speaker sound system
- Wi-fi cellphone charger
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 1 x USB-A outlet (entrance, for smartphone mirroring)
- 1 x entrance USB-C outlet, two rear USB-C retailers
- Adjustable ambient lighting
- Twin-zone local weather management
- Proximity entry with push-button begin
- Distant begin
- Sensible Parking Help
- Distant Sensible Parking Help
- Car to Load (V2L) operate – inside
The Dynamiq provides:
- ‘Eco-processed’ leather-based upholstery
- Heated entrance seats
- 10-way energy passenger seat with two-way lumbar
- Head-up show
- Eight-speaker Bose sound system
- Steering wheel interactive pixel ligthing
- Alloy pedals
- Rear privateness glass
- 20-inch alloy wheels in 245/40 Pirelli P Zero tyres
- Clever Entrance Lighting System (IFS) with projector LED headlights
The Epiq provides:
- Entrance ‘leisure’ seats
- Driver’s seat reminiscence
- Ventilated entrance seats
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
Digital side-view mirrors are a $3000 choice, unique to the Epiq.
Matte paint is a $1000 choice, and is out there solely on the Dynamiq and Epiq.